Hooray—we’re done!!! We have picked, crushed, pitched, pressed, scrubbed, cleaned, and tasted! All-in-all, the 2012 harvest has been very successful for us. Winemakers John Overstreet and Neil Perrelli have a right to be a bit exhausted too! Here are the 2012 harvest stats:
– 1 ton Syrah Santa Clara Valley Pasha Vineyard
– 1.5 tons Merlot Santa Cruz Mountains Regan Vineyard
– 5 tons Merlot Carneros Moon Vineyard
– 1 ton Pinot Noir Santa Cruz Mountains Regan Vineyard
– .25 ton Cabernet Santa Cruz Mountains Villa Festa Vineyard
– 2 tons Cabernet Santa Cruz Mountains LinHouse Vineyard
– 1.5 tons Pinot Noir Santa Cruz Mountains William Vincent Vineyard
Diehard Villa del Monte fans will notice that there are a couple of new vineyard names on the list. We are very pleased to have brought a new Cabernet and a new Pinot vineyard online this year. These wines will be ready for tasting next Spring.
Are you thirsty after reading this? Need some wine for the holidays? Mark your calendar now—we will be open for wine tasting from noon to 5 pm on November 17 and 18. Wine Club shipments will be ready for pick up for those who want to save on shipping costs. And, Monterey Chocolate Company will be on hand on Sunday, November 18 so be sure to come by and taste their wine-infused chocolates!